May 7, 2007

First Aid Competition Review: It sucks!

Yeah, to me the competition this year sucks out. Not so much as I cannot get any prize for it (as I know this only serves as a training ground) but of how this competition went on.


Truly disappointing and I was infuriated by it. Even till now.

As usual, it has four sections in the competition. I shall just go through one by one. And oh yes, Ming Chai just got us "very lucky" to be drawn in the last group, which is 14th group. Oh man...

Quiz Bee started the competition. My team seems relaxed, because all of the questions were asked last year. Exactly the same. We did feel very BORED at times. Can't we have something new?


Have you noticed there are so many judges there? That's a bad thing. Later you will know why.

Coming up later is the bandaging and immobilizing relay. This part frustrates me the most, for the sake of our team and my school team. The decision to ban "getting assistance" was VERY LAME indeed. I just wondering, why the OC don't want to comply with the Branch level competition? They want to MERDEKA already ha?


Anyway, we held our nerves and just do it. I tell you it's really difficult for my team. It also cause catastrophic effects to school team. It's also known that some teams has a non-experienced judge, that even don't know how to bandage/immobilize properly.

I am so enraged when hearing that. That's why after this I look very gloomy and angry. That frustration in me was flaring, burning..... Like this....


Little do I felt better in the next section, but still could not prevent myself from being disappointed for the whole process. Community-based team test features the Q&A style, and the questions are not "community" at all. I wish we could storm them off.

I tried to be smart to attend Mass first at Sunday before heading to HQ. Indeed, we were jailed inside for hefty 5 FREAKING HOURS! Watching one teams after one went out made us very impatient.

Of course, I gave lot's of my last words for my school team before they went out for battle.


St. Joe team: Kwan Nam, Yaw Soon, Sie Lik, Yong Yi


YEAH WE CAN DO IT!!!

Another I say being stucked in the training room really SUCKS. We could not watch any teams perform. When it's really our turn to perform, we were expected to give some spectacular moves and treatment.

In fact, for me it was a dumb performance. Ming Chai assessed the scene wrongly in first time has already got all the audience sleeping and booing. I was distressed, could we be replaced, just because of this below par performance?

SURELY NO, PLEASE.

By the time the results are announced, I was down to nothing when I already knew who the champions are. Ming Chai and Qi Ying were clearly delighted with their school's unprecedented victory. Congrats to them, but Andy, Wan Lin and me could not hide our disappointment.


We can only get No.3

They simply didn't deserved this kind of results. And so to me. Pretty sad, but we know, WE'RE GONNA COME BACK VERY STRONGLY NEXT YEAR.

As for the Sarawak team, I hope the intensive training scheduled on next week will go on as we wished. We wanna do something greater than this, that no one else can do in Miri.

In the end, for this competition, I only got this....


Nothing else except God's countless blessings and graces.

Remember, love each other as the Lord has loved all of us.

God bless you all!

No comments: