December 28, 2007

Kuching Trip P7: Serikin wonders

You may think where on earth is Serikin... so let me introduce to you...

Serikin is a small village at Southern Sarawak, bordering Indonesia at south. It's just about 30 minutes drive from Kuching, through the little town of Bau.

This is a hot place of weekend markets, especially many Indonesians brought their stuff to sell here.


Yeah, they only bring it to HERE, not the mighty Kuching City. Haha... See how crowded it is? Even with drizzles of rains around?

When I say many stuffs, I really mean it MANY. And also very cheap. Only if you bargain hard.


Long long rows of stalls...


Many locals and foreginers are selling their porduces... at cheap, ultra-low price.


Have big Indonesian mats...


Please try the chips sold here, especially banana chips! Really nice!!!


Don't know they are genuine or not, but I can guarantee you they are very cheap.


What the hell is this? Cannibal hats?


Can anyone tell me what is this?


Have cheap toys for the little hearts too~~~ Spongebobs, Garfields, Winnie the Pooh, even Teletubbies!!


Perfumes are also available!!


There are also variety of clothes for ladies. However Mum refuses to buy because she said wearing them making her feel like being a Indonesian. So LOL.


But I did buy 2 Indonesian-made jerseys. And I have become an Indonesian. Haha....


Behind the stalls is this road to Indonesia. To say the truth, I thought I was already in Indonesia. Meaning to say, I thought I have smuggled in. Haha...

We left Serikin with plentiful to take home. On our way back, the hill view was magnificent.



Okay that's all for now! More to come next!

God bless you all!

No comments: