February 23, 2010

When I was at Sibu for CNY

As with recent years, I have to go through Chinese New Year in Sibu, known as the Swan Town.

I never like being at Sibu anyway. The grandparents’ house I lived there was literally like this, all cramped up because 2 families slept there.

SDC11385

It was like this during the day. When approaching the CNY, firecrackers and fireworks were a norm.

Even though this year the number of firecrackers and fireworks went down significantly, the still bearable noise is heard all over town. 

SDC11387

No choice, I just got on with it.

SDC11395

Situation at Sacred Heart’s Cathedral, with Bishop Su celebrating the Sunday Mass. Really a lot of people.

SDC11396

After Mass, we went off the visit my bed-ridden grandmother. She was placed in this day-care center, near Sibu Medical Center.

SDC11397

My parents try to pronounce those names…

SDC11398

My cousin Henry, keeps tagging me along without me asking for it…

SDC11399

THAT was the situation when everyone was sleeping. Shot taken around 3am. With my size, it’s practically impossible for me to sleep anywhere, except on that massage chair.

SDC11400

And here’s where I had a little place to get online, while I get myself some cans of drinks. It’s very hard to sleep. Sigh.

Yeah, maybe I have overemphasised on my negatives in Sibu. Yes, I do meet some of my awesome cousins, I do received many red packets, but yet some of the family problems there still making me counting my days to go back to my hometown.

Ah, whatever, it’s gone already, move on.

God bless you all!

No comments: