August 12, 2008

A walk to the beach

Last Saturday, after been feeling very crappy for almost the whole week, I went out and take a walk to the beach. Alone.

I forgot to take the beautiful scenery along my walk. It was so quiet, so peaceful, so no need to think about any other thing. Just walk walk walk.


The roads are like this. Not much cars or motorcycles (in Perlis there are freaking many motorcycles) here. How nice it is to walk on it as if I am the "road owner."

After some 40 minutes walk from my hostel, finally I arrived at the beach.


Straits of Malacca. If I lived here at 2006 at tsunami, maybe I will be hit too. Herm...



Mind you that time is 1900. Yeah, no joke, it was 1900.

I felt good to see and enjoy the Straits of Malacca for the first time. From far and near can see there are boats and ships. What intrigued me is that this beach DOESN'T HAVE SAND.


Instead, they have mangrove swamps (in Malay is called pokok bakau). I wonder can such beach be called a "beach"?

I know it's a boring post. Before I leave, can anyone tell me why this thing is so near to the beach?


What the "dut" is this? International border?

God bless you all!

No comments: