March 3, 2009

Library of UniMAP

Library is located in Kangar, some 10 kilometers away from my hostel. It's at the 2nd floor of the KWSP (better known as EPF) building, which is the highest point in Kangar. Erm...

It's actually, quite simple... maybe... from the outside...



It's not too big, but not to small also. It's a prime place if a student want to have a quiet, comfortable place to focus in studies, which is rather impossible in hostel. Hmm..

Library's opening hours are from 0830 - 2300 weekdays and 0830 - 1700 on weekends. During study week it will be 0830 - 2300 daily. Perfect time.


It is also equipped with High-speed WIFI facility, so library is also among the best place in the campus to online, FOR FREE.

Of course, the main reason of having a library is of the book collections. My library has damn lot's of books. SO DAMN MANY. Not to mention a variety collection of digital media. Some of them are not even to be borrowed.

I let the pictures do the talking la.


One of the many racks, full with BOOKS. Some of them are even more than 500 bucks each.


The books at this section cannot be borrowed. Don't ask me why. I also wonder why.


The books here are reference books to the courses offered in UniMAP. One can only borrow such book for 7 days, instead of 14 days.


Magazine journals, industrial training report and final year project reports are all here. I just read CLEO journal and "washed" my eyes this afternoon. Hehe...


Note a little machine there? That's the self-borrowing machine! Life's been made very easy for us to borrow books. No more looking at librarian's gloomy face. Hoho...

Books also can be returned by just dropping in this machine, even when the library is closed!

OPAC facility is also very important to help us to find the book/media we need. Some (including me) just used them to online, to Facebook, Friendster, email...

There's even a "relax" corner where everyone can watch ASTRO (all the time is Discovery Channel) and read newspapers on comfy sofa.


All I do in library this afternoon. Doing pre-lab preparations. :(

Let me tell you something, I think it's not permitted to take pictures in library. All those pictures are taken secretly. I even needed to look around if there is any CCTV or librarian watching me before snapping the photos. Hmmm...

I still think I am have to be grateful to have such good library. I am not going to talk even more about online library provided here because I think you have been too bored to read till here. LOL

OK, that's all for now. Love you all and God bless! :)

3 comments:

Siti Fatimah Nabihah said...

wa..nice library! hahaha

Your Humble Servant said...

you also use that library what... lol..

Kak Long said...

can i have more pictures of your library like places that have stop signal..hehe..also all the counter..can i??