June 6, 2009

Penang Trip Part 4 : Around Georgetown

Georgetown is just a small, old city in the Penang Island. Actually there are so many areas and towns in the island, but everyone just lumps them altogether and call them "Penang."

I just let the pictures do all the talk.


Victory clock tower at the heart of Light Street.


The State Assembly Building.


One of the MANY old shops!


Beware of the flower on the road...


Another old clinic, oh, the guy down there not included.


The street of Little India. All shops here are 100% Indian.


Any girls wanna wear something like that? :)


Another few OLD shops..


The QUEEN is somewhere here... don't play play.


A view of the famous Indian temple, sadly I forgot its name.


Prayer calling tower of Kapitan Keling Mosque.


Another temple..


And another one... Penang is a land of many temples.


Line of trishaws paddling the tourist around Chulia Stret.


Cheong Fatt Tze's mansion. Didn't manage to get because I missed the visiting hours. :(


En route in Penang Road.


The entrance of Campbell Stret, also known as Chinatown. However it looks deserted to me.


Chowrasta market. Typical West Malaysian style. DARK, small, all cramped up, smokey air...


Bakery on a bicycle! So special le..



KOMTAR tower.


The shops are too old, even fungus started to grow on it!


Double rows of food stalls at Macalister Road. I guarantee you all food are top class.


Me happily waiting for my round of char kueh tiaw.


Another food center at Gurney Drive. Though more famous, I heard things here are less tasty, and more expensive. Hmm..

If you wonder where I stayed in Penang, here it is!


Tune Hotel, again! LOL


My pigsty for 3 nights. Believe it or not, 3 nights in such a comfortable place for less than 50 bucks! WOW!


View from my room. Not bad. :)

OK la, that's all from me now. I am so bored in my home. Anyone interested to have a drink with me? Hehe..

God bless you all!

No comments: