January 10, 2010

Malaysia – Thailand north-western border

Excuse me, I am not talking about the famous border crossings, like Padang Besar, Wang Kelian, Bukit Kayu Hitam etc… none of them.

I am now showing you the real border, dividing 2 countries. Thailand at the north, Malaysia at the south.

I cycled to the border area few days ago. Here are some pictures that I have braved myself to shoot. :)

SDC11355

A first look, a border that enters deep into the jungle.

SDC11356

I just intrigued to see the door there. What’s that for?

SDC11358

Ooops, looks like I should be shot here LOL

SDC11359

I don’t know whether that is watchtower, or bird’s nest tower. I don’t know. *with the ‘I don’t know’ hand action.*

SDC11360

The vegetation that grows on the rocky hills. Fascinating.

SDC11361

Another more standard looking border, with floodlights, and again, why a door?

SDC11363

A glimpse of Thailand, shot though the tiny fences holes. Yes, over the other side, there is not much population. Only can see a small wooden hut.

SDC11365

Here I am standing the most North-western frontier of Malaysia. :)

SDC11364

Mangrove trees, protecting the coastal lines.

SDC11369

The mangrove trees looks more compact over the other side…

SDC11366

SDC11368

Yes, by the my position now, I am on the verge to cross border illegally. Luckily I still can control myself. Haha!

SDC11367

The sun is setting fast already… that time should be around 1845 hours hmmm…

Nevertheless, it’s an enjoyable bicycle ride through the country side. Simply love the breeze blowing against me :)

SDC11371

How peaceful! No hustle and bustle! Just cycle relaxingly. :)

God bless you all!

No comments: