June 11, 2010

World of Football 2010 Limited Edition USB Modem

In conjunction of the upcoming FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa, Celcom is giving out free limited edition modems for new broadband customers.

And I happen to be one of them.

000056

I subscribed 3.6Mbps broadband package. Which entitles me to this free modem. Which also makes me “bleed” 98 bucks every month. Damn.

To be honest, actually I am tricked by someone in the forum. At first I thought it will be 50 bucks per month. So I gladly signed up. Who knows that 50 bucks is the upfront payment ONLY.

The only good thing is that 1st month bill is settled, and I can opt to terminate it before the 2nd billing period starts.

In the meantime, I just sit back, and adore this beautiful, maybe not really wanted, USB modem.

SDC12018

The modem is stickered by countries participating the World Cup.

One more thing. I am really surprised that only by using this modem, I can detect HSPA signals in Miri!

celcom bb

Well, OK, I admit it frequently changes from 3G to HSPDA back and forth. But before that, it’s impossible to get HSPDA signals using my CSL modem.

002202

That’s my old black CSL modem. I am willing to sell it at reasonable price if there’s anyone interested. Hmmm

So, the long dilemma begins now. Is Celcom really The Right One?

God bless you all!

1 comment:

RSMN Enterprise said...

same with me..now im doing rental services to afford my package after being cheated at pc fair..im juz a student and must paid rm78 per month with one year contract..im so sad..=(

-tyma-