August 19, 2010

Cheap dinner under the moonlight

Last night I had my dinner outdoors in Kangar. Without a single roof top on my head.

This stall is located around the compound of KWSP building, where many UniMAP students loiter around.



















I believe this stall has been here for YEARS. Since I wanna try something local and quite sick with KFC (yeah that's fake), I just decide to have a seat there.

It is completely OUTDOORS.




















Plastic tables and chairs are just put out under the moon. Picture up there suggests that no one likes here, but actually it was because many Muslim friends were praying at the mosques at that time.

Little do, I was disappointed that the stall does NOT have rice. Only Malay-style char kueh tiao. Upon the desperate calling of howling stomach, I just ordered away la. Why think so much...




















To be honest, it was not the tastiest nor the best dining experience. The gravy was hot enough. The kueh tiao was OK, but the prawns were really terribly not fresh. I nearly puked.

However, for 3.2 bucks for it and ice water, it was still just OK. Maybe there's some better deals out there, it's still almost half price that KFC after all. I still could buy a tasty bun from bakery nearby. :)

OK, that's all for now. God bless and take care. Support local food OK haha :)

No comments: