October 20, 2006

No hypocrisy

Just want to share my thought after listening to today's homily.

Jesus said in today's gospel,

"There is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known.

Therefore whatever you have said in the darkness will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered behind closed doors will be proclaimed on the housetops."

See how remarkable it is! Whatever we say, whatever we do, nothing can get away from the God. Everything in our life is all recorded in God's records. So great is the power of God.

Continue on in the gospel,

"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body but after that can do no more.

I shall show you whom to fear. Be afraid of the one who after killing has the power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, be afraid of that one."

Who should I afraid? Why should I be afraid when I want to say about the truth? The only one who should be afraid of is God, who is bearer of all truth, which not only can take my body, but take my soul too.

However, this proves to be very touching,

"Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.

Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows."

Even God does not forget the sparrows, how much more we worth in God? How much I have been LOVED by God? This eventually teach me, be not afraid to carry on this life, for I know, I am special in God.

God bless you all!

No comments: