November 19, 2006

Memories at Similajau

It's has been a fun yet tiring trip at Similajau National Park. I can never forget the long haul 20 kilometers walk in forest! Hahaha!


Welcoming posing, LOL..

Upon reaching there at Friday evening, we thought we could have a dream VIP chalet. LOL, it didn't happen. Such a big blow on our excitement. To make things worse, no boats can bring us to Golden Beach, meaning we had to travel 10KM each in and out! LOL....


We should be living here la.

Anyway, first night was very smooth, everyone having their own fun time around. Obviously they don't like my camera while they are playing so don't have much footages on how they play, hehehe. Later allof us went out to try our luck if we could see any crocodiles. No luck, no signs of any crocodiles around.

So next morning we continued our journey inside the jungle. It's bloody tired to all of us, even to make it half way. But then I didn't like the buzzing complaints from fellow friends, which did annoy me a little. Not to say I am proud, but I know at least I ever went there before.

YES, I WAS THERE!


I could not hide my delight and joy when seeing this sign board! Ah, FINALLY!


Kinda nice from top.


Hiding in a small tunnel?


Sand here a bit different.

Oh ya, in case you are interested about how we were doing in the forest, just have a visit in my Photobucket! Hehehe....

After short enjoyment at there, it's another long 3 hours walk again. That's why, I could hardly remember is therea ny other times I ever walked 20 KM a day, even on smooth road? Hey, I was at forest that time la! LOL! Hahaha, I felt so relieved when I left the woods. Felt so triumphant, like I beat the communists, hehehe....


First arrivals, enjoying their drinks after such long walk.

Felt sick after the long walk, but then I managed to eat 2 packs of food in supper, which made me almost awake the whole night. I went to the chalet which has most people, with them laughing, listening, talking and so on. I left them at late night despite of several warnings. In fact I wandered around the compound in late night for some fresh air since I really had nothing to do.


This is so to say the "creepy" public toilet. I shot it during 3 something at morning le... Look creepy?

Then the next day, after some enjoyment at the Similajau, we waved goodbye and went to Bird Park. It's cool, given lack of maintenance at there. Many animals there, as well as plants.



My flash almost wake the lion up, LOL.


Owh, smelly....


Hornbill, pride of Sarawak!


Emma as monkey! Zin Yue as gorilla! Chew Rou as tiger! Geoffrey as bear! So cool when looking this!


Can you believe this super small durian is dropped, not plucked? Cute little durian!

This slight delay made me unsettled for not being able to attend evening Mass. Fortunately, the bus was running full speed, and Chew Rou's dad willing to give me a ride. That evening Mass saved my day, I have to say. And here I am home alone now because my family went to Sibu yesterday. Feeling lame, but what to do?

However even how lame is it, I want to continue to have HOPE, hope in God. Jesus wants me to be prepared as nobody's knows when he will come again. Prayed that Jesus' love is always with me in the following days of Youth Camp. I feel that I will hardly enjoy this one, but I want to continue longing for God's presence in life.

So, thanks for reading this long post! God bless you all!

No comments: