January 21, 2007

My confirmation name

Everyone knows my baptismal name is Albert, right?

As confirmation drew near, I have given the choice to select another name to be inserted. After much thinking, unlike some who retain the baptismal name....

My confirmation name will be Ignatius. Simply because St. Ignatius of Antioch is the saint of my birthday, October 17th. "Ignatius" means "ardent, burning", which reminds me that my faith and Holy Spirit should always be burnt in me and be the light for others.

As for St. Ignatius of Antioch, he's a great example for me as well. Being martyred in the arena, eaten by the lions, he willingly offered his life to Christ. In his earthly life, he 100% imitated Christ, and a great pastoral example to Christians.

Just now I did some research about it, and found out this name was not really popular. Wow, great news for me, somehow it will make me stand out with that name. But then, my primary focus for that name is for me to have saint to learn and to imitate so that I will become the better disciple of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Though confirmation is always omitted, but I still held it important. Very important indeed.


This is St. Ignatius of Antioch, being martyred after being thrown into arena of beasts.

As for the whole confirmation process till now, I still have to admit it sucks. Still in dilemma which church ministry I should go. Hope I can join the choir next week. I follow what God willed me to do.

That's all I would like to share. God bless you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ko...ignatius is a great name. and very few ppl in this world gt this name. wakakaka.. :]

Asaki Mika said...

Ko or should I call Mr Ignatius, I think that the name suits you perfectly...Haha, sounds like you , a very holy person ^^