March 3, 2007

What is RSS?

Many people asked me what's is RSS. So I think it's nice to put a post explaining what is this.

RSS' full name is Really Simple Syndication. It's actually a feed from internet that enable you to receive latest stuffs from any websites.

This is the RSS icon lo, which is always seen in RSS compatible websites, like Firefox and IE7. Only such browsers can read it because RSS is in XML format, not HTML.

Example as in my blog here in my Firefox browser....


Though it's very small, I believe you all can see the Feed icon shown right?


So just click on that icon, and you will see this.


This shows the Feed that you will get. Basically, what you do next is to subscribe it. First way is using Live bookmark in Firefox. Click the "Subscribe now" button.


Then at the bookmarks folder, you will see the feeds topic displayed. Live.


This is useful to view latest news in whatever websites. I use that to view latest news of Arsenal. Very useful indeed.

Another way is to view the feeds in Google Reader.



This is a little Google tool that enable you to view feeds easily in a browser, without have to download the feed. Just like this enables me to see Kennysia's website.

Of course, unlike real blog, it's does not have chat box and comments. But it will give you a simple glance of all the blog's that you have subscribed.

How to use? Simple, just add the feed's URL into it, voila, that's all!


So I hope you all have a better idea of RSS now! Any question, don't mind to to ask me! Hehe...

God bless you all!

1 comment:

paw. said...

u talk so long and i still dont get how to use RSS. omg