September 17, 2009

New Firefly experience

It's Hari Raya and I am going home again! This time for my intra-Peninsular leg, I chose Firefly to fly down to KL.

It was a great choice at first because I bought the ticket for only 35 bucks! Wow!

All the journey starts at 0630 this morning...


It took me more than an hour to reach the airport by bus. After reaching there, I spent some hours to sleep on the benches because I stayed up whole night just to wait for this 1st bus of the day. Hmmm....

So I went to a different counter to check-in this morning,


None other than the Firefly counter! Hehehe...


My boarding pass. Look carefully, I am not flying to KUL this time, instead I fly to SZB - Subang Airport.


This is the plane that I board. The model ATR-72. Still, a lot mistakenly recognized it as Fokker 50. Very nice looking from the outside...


Contrary from other planes we have seen, we enter through the BACK door. Special.


Once I enter the cabin, I can immediately feel the difference. The cabin is much narrower. 2 by 2 seating plan also makes everyone more comfortable, I think.


Hand luggage compartment also noticeably much smaller. Can you see that?


Wow the propeller engine is just beside me!


The usual controls above the passenger.


The seat beat metal lift is also engraved with "Firefly". How nice!


The safety card that almost all passengers choose to ignore. Sigh...


This is what are served on board. A cupcake and a cup of drink. That's all. How I wish I have the guts to ask for more cupcakes. LOL.

Since this is a propeller plane, it flies with lower altitude, which means you have a clearer view of what's down there.


I was so fascinated by it, that I always do this during the flight.


Keep looking at the window! At least there are hot chicks down there! LOL

How I wish I can put the photos of the new Subang Skypark airport, but sorry, my battery died at the very minute I need it. Huhu...

In a nutshell, I totally enjoyed myself in my very first flight on propeller aircraft! It's a really good first experience! I hope I can use Firefly again in near future! Hehehe!

Anyway, I am reaching home tomorrow! Yay! Haha!

God bless you all!

2 comments:

Evon said...

Dear Albert,

Is it ok if we put up your post on Firefly in our blog?

Regards,

The Firefly Team

Your Humble Servant said...

[evon] not a problem, my pleasure...

just that the post is not that complete... hmmm..